John & Geri McPherson continue on the cutting edge of primitive innovation with Primitive Wilderness Skills, Applied & Advanced. In this book, John and Geri flesh out many of the ideas started in their first book and explore new frontiers. They also share their experiences in working with local kids on primitive skills projects.
1. Hantavirus: What you need to know.
2. Nutrition: Why hunting/trapping skills are essential.
3. Brain Tan Robes & Furs: How to tan deerskins with the hair on, plus furs.
4. Dugout Canoe: Local kids helped make a canoe with stone-age tools
5. Odds'n Ends: Notes on flintknapping, fat lamps, bone needles, quickie bow, etc.
6. Primitive, Primitive: Theory and philosophy.
7. Naked into the Wilderness Day 1: Shelter, fire, traps, basketry.
8. Naked into the Wilderness Day 2: Stone axe, bow & arrow, woven clothes.
9. Naked into the Wilderness Day 3: Squirrel moccasins and more.
10. Storms: A short story by Geri.
Primitive Wilderness Skills, Applied & Advanced is illustrated with lots of photos to take you step-by-step through every process.
Soft cover, 290 pages